It’s the FIRST “Flippin’ Friday”!

Today is “Flippin’ Friday”….Whoo-hoo!!!

What is “Flippin’ Friday” you ask? It’s a fun way to share a story about a found treasure you “flipped for cash” recently. We all LOVE to share and read those stories… so here’s a  place to do it!

Simply fill out the comment section below and give the following info: Name of item that sold, what you paid for it, what it sold for, and where you “found” it. If its got a good story with it….PLEASE SHARE!

And to start this off with a BANG!, I’m sending one lucky commenter the book  The Theatre Posters of James McMullan …you can use it or flip it! (One commenter’s name will be randomly chosen out of a Tupperware bowl by my three year old and announced on Saturday 9/11 …so make your comment today!).

I can’t wait to hear these stories!

This entry was posted in Flippin' Friday Stories. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to It’s the FIRST “Flippin’ Friday”!

1. latenightcoffee says:

Name of item: Pictorial History American Airlines Cargo 1944-94 book
    Paid: $1.00
    Sold: $30.00
    Found: Library bookstore
    No great story with it….found it on one of my “hunts”. 🙂

2. Darth Madre says:

In the early 90s, I was a huge fan of the band Nelson (Ricky Nelson’s twin sons’ hair band). I bought a commemorative Nelson magazine at a local drug store’s newsstand for $1.99. I read through it, packed it away and forgot about it. A few years ago, I was going through my old things and found it. I put it on eBay with a starting bid of 99 cents and a buy-it-now of $4.99. It sold for $27!

3. Angela says:

I found a kids pair of JM Orginals overalls with a football applique on them. They were in definite used condition, I paid $1 at a thrift store and sold them on eBay for $50 to someone in New York.

This is an awesome idea. I flippin’ love it and I think you flippin’ need to mae a button so the rest of us can flippin’ put it on our blogs. 🙂
    Have a great weekend!

All my sales are ‘flips’!!!
    But here’s one. I like to dig in the silverware bins at thrift stores. Some silverware/flatware can be good sellers. Anyway, I saw a dirty baby spoon I couldn’t read. I couldn’t focus on it ’cause there was a creepy guy chatting me up and asking me ‘is that silver?’ I said…”I don’t know…it’s usually all silverplate at least…”. I added it to my pile and figured for .25 I would take a chance.
    Got home cleaned it up and it was sterling! It was a baby spoon sold at Tiffany’s!
    Item: Sterling silver Tiffany’s baby spoon
    Purchase price: .25
    Selling price: $49.99 (within a day or two!!)
    Found: Goodwill

5. fromthepines says:

Went to a nearby flea market and bought a huge old book – looked like an old bible at first but wasn’t. I loved the old pages and was gonna use them in my artwork – it was 5 bucks.
    When I got home, I realized this book was printed in 1645! And was a history of the Kings of England. Uh…not gonna cut this up. I put it on ebay and it sold for
    225 dollars and was shipped to Belgium. Very cool.

I wish I had more of those days! Love your site.

Cheryl

6. Laurie says:

Last fall I came across a set of Franciscan Ware Atomic Starburst dishes at a garage sale and got the 20+ piece set for $30. My fiance and I have sold some of the pieces on Ebay for varying amounts, and we still have more pieces to sell, but so far we’ve made about $90. I love the pattern and almost kept it for myself!

7. Anne Neill says:

My best flip ever was a bottle of unopend w/ the box Ode by Guerlain perfume from 1955 at the GW. Paid about .50 for it – sold it for $510!

BTW, I just found your blog and love it!!

8. Dana says:

Really great idea 🙂 Love the pic on the cover of the book!

My best Flip would have to be…

a 60’s soft suitcase, filled with vintage tagged Barbie clothes, and four or five vintage Barbie dolls. I paid 5.00, and it sold on Ebay for 212.00 :))

It funded yardsaling for the rest of the summer! My daughter kept little suitcases, and uses it often for sleepovers 🙂

Thanks for doing the giveaway!

Dana d09@goldingers.com

9. Cheryl P. says:

My husband, my then two yar old son went to a rummage sale and something leafy green caught my eye in the 10 cent pile of plates. The dinner size plate was antique majolica and I later sold it for $150. My husband presented me with a role of dimes and said to keep turning each dime into $150. I am both enjoying and learning from your blog. Thanks so much!