Happiness is…..accidentally finding a NEW thrift store when you are driving to another thrift store.  Uber-happiness is walking into the new thrift store and seeing that not only is it the size of a huge grocery store but the stuff is FANTASTIC!

And that’s what happened to me Friday.

This new thrift store, Super Thrift, was awesome. Great stuff. Great prices. Great fun. And it had only been open a month…so I didn’t feel so bad for not knowing about it. Seriously…there are so many in this area, I’m sure there are still some I haven’t been to yet.

Here’s what I got at that thrift store: Stack of “ugly” Christmas sweaters, bunch of retro cartoon sheets/pillowcases, three cool ties, vintage ornaments, and a vintage Christmas tablecloth.

Later at my other haunts I picked up: a HUGE stack of books (around 50) and seriously….500 ties! There were 3 big bags STUFFED with ties at this one thrift store….so while my son sorts through his candy…I’ll be sorting through…ties.

Want to see other great finds? Visit Apron Thrift Girl’s blog today for more fun stuff!

This entry was posted in My Junkin' Finds. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Look over there! It’s a strip center! It’s a grocery store! No…It’s Super Thrift!

1. Linda says:

*Squeals* I’m so happy for you! I actually have dreams at night of finding new, huge, sprawling thrift stores. Ahhhh… I love it! Happy shopping!

• latenightcoffee says:

I totally thought about you when I was there….TONS..OF…CLOTHES! I even went over to the bigger sizes to see what they had…I need to go back and browse. I had my “assistant” with me…and the toy bribes weren’t working. 🙂

2. Amanda says:

Lucky girl! I like those Yogi bear sheets and those Raggedy Ann ornaments.

3. Are those ugly sweaters still selling like hotcakes? I haven’t bought any, but would love to hear any thoughts on them. And whoa! Check out all the embroidery books you found!

• latenightcoffee says:

I’ve sold three in September. It looks like they are still selling well! I imagine when the “Ugly Sweater Party” trend fades out…so will the sales. Those embroidery books were the second load I picked up at that place…someone must have donated their collection. And these are some GREAT ones!

4. dogsmom says:

I have to bring my family back to read this post. I get yelled at for picking up 10 books at a time.
    Thrift stores here are always a drive. I need a thrift oriented road trip.

• latenightcoffee says:

Oh boy…they’d be yelling at me all the time. I’ll have to take a picture of my book inventory room for you when I get a chance. 🙂

5. Marianna says:

Hiya Rebecca! Any idea on how cross stitch magazine/booklets are doing? Did some garage “saleing” and was possessed…bought around 75 of them along with 75 “Reminice” magazines for $7.00. My “panic” to get to them has been replaced with the other kind of panic…how to get rid of them. Think I made a decent “pick”?

• latenightcoffee says:

I would sell both things in lots…cross stitch is a harder sell individually…and honestly..I have not researched cross stitch enough to know which ones are the “good ones”….the Reminisce magazines sell well in lots. You’ll make some money there! Good finds!

6. sue says:

I just checked where you live. Up here in Maine, Goodwill and Salvation Army or Sally’s as it’s known, are the major thrifts. There are some furniture resale shops but they are spread out. In my imagination I picture places with vintage items just waiting to be plucked. Oh well, then I come to and live vicariously through your hunting and make my comments. And now, the winter is coming so there are no garage sales. As I read your posts, I envision myself, nose pressed to the glass, looking into the candy store. Gosh, I’ve made myself so sad, I think I need some pumpkin ice cream to console myself.

• latenightcoffee says:

You are always welcome to live vicariously 🙂 I’ve told my husband that he would have to drag me kicking and screaming from this county if we ever had to move….it’s ,by far, the best junking area I have ever lived in. I lived up north most of my life so I know all too well the “winter junking blues” that set in….

Perhaps a winter “junking vacation” in Florida? The trip that pays for itself….:)

7. jessica says:

I have a funny ugly sweater story. I bought what I thought was the ugliest sweater I had ever seen for $1.55 at SA recently. Came home and looked up the brand and they actually did well on eBay as non-ugly. Tundra Canada. A friend told me she loved it, so I gave it to her. I’m dying to know how it would have done on eBay though. Maybe I’ll find another someday.

Congrats on the new thrift. We have lots of good ones where I live too. I think they key is densely populated with wealthy pockets. We have good garage sales, estate sales, and good weather to boot. If only it wasn’t so expensive here… but I guess that is why I got into thrifting!

8. Van says:

EXCELLENT finds, I love the cartoon character sheets and the “tacky” sweaters especially. I need to go on the prowl for some of those of my own. (For x-mas crafts, naturally 🙂

9. Selena says:

I can’t remember the last time that I stumbled onto a new store. And you hit the jackpot. Your collection of finds is unbelievable. It’s getting harder and harder to find good vintage stuff around here at thrift stores.

• latenightcoffee says:

Yeah…I was pretty surprised when I found the amount I did. I didn’t know how it was going to go..but they had so much stuff…it was a numbers game. I probably could have found more…but I had my three year old “assistant” with me 🙂

10. Pingback: Books galore and more! | Late Night Coffee