Another good week at the thrift stores…

Last week, I was in “thrift store withdrawal” and decided to make my usual rounds.  I was excited because it had been a couple of weeks since I had been to them.  I couldn’t believe the things I found!

I found FOUR Annalee dolls stuffed down in a big box of Christmas items. Three of them still had their paper tags. Even better….they were 25 cents a piece!!!  I’ve already sold the reindeer doll.

I found two full size vintage sheets still in their packages. This one already sold for $25.00.  If you ever find vintage sheets still in the package…GRAB!

I found a partial set of Pyrex mixing bowls. And get this….the one that was missing I had already. So Voila! Complete set…..and already sold!

This is the FOURTH one I have found….and it has sold already. These are instant gold….

This is a portion of the vintage ornaments I found at one thrift store. They were all ten cents a piece….I couldn’t believe it.  Even harder to believe….I missed getting a Victorian ornament with tinsel wire by minutes. That one was only 25 cents.  Mine also came with original boxes…bonus!

The thrift stores are still filling up! Treasures galore! Go get ’em!

And don’t be afraid to list items well after Christmas…..people will be buying things  with their Christmas money!

Want to see what other people found this week? Check out Apron Thrift Girl’s blog today!

This entry was posted in My Junkin' Finds. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Another good week at the thrift stores…

1. Cathy says:

Oh, I love the pyrex dishes! I’d love to find a whole set like that!

2. Alyssa says:

The Pyrex and vintage sheets (still in the package!) – what finds.

3. Selena Cate says:

I can’t believe you found those dolls for such a great price! That one in the photo is precious.

4. Van says:

Woah, treasures! You’re a pro re-seller. Write us some tips! I wish I could turn items around that quickly! I’m going to keep an eye out for hot curlers and vintage sheets in-package.

Still jealous of all the vintage ornaments everyone’s finding, I want some!

5. Kathleen says:

Ohhh. Sniff sniff. I LOVE Annalee dolls. Wish I found some!! 🙁

6. latenightcoffee says:

I was pretty surprised about the Annalee dolls myself. I thought for sure when I brought them to the counter (they weren’t priced) that they would recognize them and mark them up. Nope. And these were from the 80’s and early 90’s…so that made the find even better.

It’s weeks like that that keep me going….

I found a set of Pyrex like that…at my Grandma’s house! She’s still using them though, darn!
    She did give me some vtg jewelry to sell so I can’t complain. And I drooled over her 16 pcs of Conant Ball Mid-Century Modern (russell wright) furniture she’s had since the late 40s, early 50s. Desks, chairs, tables, credenzas…she has it all!

8. Barbara says:

I love finding those blue rollers, I have sold 3 sets on ebay and every time I go to the thrift store I look for those….
    Barbara

Great finds!

How much do you buy the rollers for? Your thrift stores prices are so good. I was at my pricey TS today and they had several sets of different kinds of electric rollers but I think they were priced too high for what I could have flipped them for. I also get nervous that I’ll get them home, plug them in, and they won’t work. Even if the store tests them, who know what happens to them on the floor.

• latenightcoffee says:

The most I have paid for the Remington Tight Curls (these are the ones to buy) is 3.00. I plug them in at the store (most have an outlet for that purpose) and if they heat up….they’re going home! Good question!

• Jessica says:

Great! Thanks for the info. I will look for those particular kind, and duh about finding a place to plug them in and check, so easy. I’m always looking at their old sewing machines just for my own interest and those are a little harder to lug around the store to try them out. 😉

Do the hot rollers come with clips or anything else you need to check for?

10. dogsmom says:

Isn’t it amazing how everyday objects that went out of popularity are now so highly sought after! I love hearing your success stories.

• latenightcoffee says:

Hey thanks! The Remington Tight Curls rollers are used by people in pageants because they give “Shirley Temple” like curls. I guess their small size and heat make them perfect for this. I’m amazed too at what people want…everyday.

11. Amanda says:

UGH. Can’t believe I donated my sisters 1980’s hot roller sticks. They were all pastel colors and so cool. I could kick myself.

12. Laurie says:

Wow, just, wow. Those Annalee dolls always remind me of my brother, who bought some at the Hallmark store one Christmas to hide his girlfriend’s engagement ring in. Your ornaments are too beautiful, too. And all this talk of Pyrex is making me itch to start grabbing it up when I see it! I can hardly stay away from the thrift stores lately!