A Timely Find….

I haven’t been thrifting the last two weeks very much.  Holidays and illness have kept me more at home….and dutifully listing the things I have. But this morning, I had to run a few errands and one of those was right near one of my favorite stores. When I walked in, I saw they had been renovating and a lot of their stuff was in different spots…and there wasn’t a lot of anything out.  Except…..

THESE WEIGHT WATCHER COOKBOOKS!!! Whoo-hoo! Generally, I don’t pick these up. But these are new editions..and well..its the first of the year when everyone is jumping back on the scales.  So I got them. There are 40+ of them and most were a mere $1.00.

On Friday, I popped into the neighborhood Goodwill and found ANOTHER one of these. That makes 6 in the last 3 months.  THESE THINGS ARE GOLD my friends!!! This one sold within two hours of putting it on.  Again, they are the Remington Tight Curls Hot Rollers.  Pageant moms buy them up quickly…they make the best “Shirley Temple” curls.

I’m hoping to get out more this week…I am really getting antsy!!!!

Want to see more cool finds this past week? Go to Apron Thrift Girl’s blog today and find out what other treasures were found!

This entry was posted in Bookselling Tips, Watch for These! and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to A Timely Find….

1. laura says:

wahooo lots of goodies there my friend-such lucky finds!

nice finds!
    I’m still on the hunt for the Slow Good Weight Watchers book. (for crock pot, i believe). Out of print. It’s a good seller. And on my thriftin ‘bucket list’. Items I want to find at a thrift store and sell before I die. 🙂

3. Van says:

Those heated curlers are…terrifying ;D So funny to me that they sell well! That stack of cook books is the perfect find for 2011. (We ALL have that “get fit” resolution!)

4. dogsmom says:

Looks like right place right time for you.
    I, too, am amazed those hair rollers are popular. While tempting, I am going to leave them in the universe for you to find. You can wish Tartot card and Ouija boards my direction.

Hope you are feeling better and better.
    If you want to email me with suggestions for good places to start listing for resale (cheaply) just so I can get a taste of success, I would love any suggestions or advice.

5. Leah says:

You are amazing … how do you do it? I check Goodwill all the time and have never seen the Remington Tight Curls on the shelves, or at any other thrift store for that matter. Maybe 2011 will bring some my way. Glad for you. You go girl! 🙂

6. latenightcoffee says:

I think I have good luck with the curlers because of the..ahem..”elderly” population here in Florida. They like those little tight curls. At least thats my theory…

The books were just a lucky break…like most of my finds. 🙂

Great thrifting! And I hope you are feeling better now.

8. Stacy says:

I just found my first set of those rollers at Goodwill last week for $2.99! Found right after I read your last entry about them. Thanks for the great tip and good luck to you in 2011!