I’d like to thank my friend Chris at Lunchsense for this post’s inspiration.
Old telephone books are one type of ephemera that are generally disregarded as “treasures”. But oh…contraire! They can be EXTREMELY valuable for several reasons.
Telephone books (from the the 70’s and earlier) are collected by:
1) People doing genealogy work in a certain area.
2) Graphic art designers for the advertisement design and fonts.
3) Art enthuisiasts for the original art on the covers.
4) Vintage telephone collectors to match with their telephones.
5) People who are sentimental about a certain place/time.
Who knew…right? So pick ’em up when you see them!
Here’s a great post about vintage phone books…nice examples!