Yayyyyyy! Flippin’ Friday! The day we find out what’s sellin’ and what to look for in our treasure hunts!

Last  Friday, we read flip stories about a neon Barbie Polaroid camera, a Sony Betamax VCR machine, a vintage Spirograph set, a vintage Aggravation game, 1970’s Crewel Embroidery Pillow kits, a Disney Big Bad Wolf plush toy, and a Far Side coffee cup.

So what have you flipped? Share your flip stories in the comment section below!

You share ’em…we read ’em…and learn!

This entry was posted in Flippin' Friday Stories and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

1. latenightcoffee says:

Whoo-hoo! Just got back from an errand and had to stop at the GW nearby (natch)…..and thanks to Barbara from last week’s post, I found a Far Side mug still in the box for 76 cents! I would have never picked it up before!

Thanks Barbara!

Well, while we are giving thanks all around, I sold a Cranberry Thanksgiving book for $26 I got at my library for 50 cents. đŸ™‚

3. I just posted about some dinnerware that I sold. A while back I bought a box of newer Fiestaware at my GW for $7.00. I sold the pieces in separate listings and have made over $150! Dinnerware and flatware can be a profitable niche, but you need to be well informed cuz not all manufacturers & designs sell well. It’s something worth researching.

My biggest flip this week was a Large Pampered Chef Stoneware Roasting Pan. It’s been just hanging out in our pantry, never used it. Bought it at a yard sale several years ago for $5.00. Sold it for $76.00. Also sold some Martha Stewart Kid Magazines and a Domino Magazine thanks to knowledge gained from this blog for a tidy profit.

5. Denny says:

My biggest one this week was a Coca Cola ad purchased for 2.50 sold for 125.00!!!

6. Barbara says:

I’m always late to the party but I hope it still counts. 3 of the Starbucks mugs sold. Purchased for $ .75, $ .99 and $1.98 and they sold for $12.95, $16.95 and $18.99. Two of them are going to Germany. My big flip for the week, though, was a 1976 Chemex coffee maker. It’s a funnel-shaped glass drip coffee maker that I purchased at a thrift store for $2.42 and sold for $49.00! That’s going to Japan. Wahoo!!

ps-if you’re not selling internationally please reconsider. About 45% of my sells now are overseas and the only thing extra you have to do at the post office is fill out one simple form. The customers pay the additional postage so you’re not out any costs. Sorry to be so wordy but I love how we can all share information and tips to help the sales.

• Jessica says:

Barbara, I totally agree with you. I just sold a few Starbucks mugs this week as well. One of them resulted in a bidding war between a New Zealand bidder and a Thailand bidder. New Zealand won and it’s on it’s way, First Class International with private insurance. It never would have sold for the amount it did without the international buyers. I’m saving announcing the final price for Flippin’ Friday, but it’s good…

7. Pingback: It’s Flippin’ Friday! #20 | Late Night Coffee