Happy Flippin’ Friday!

We had some awesomely terrific stories last week…wow!  A Build-A-Bear Professor Hinkle doll, a COLLECTION of Starbucks mugs, Interpur silverware, Annie’s Attic crochet pattern booklets, a Lefton bunny rabbit, and a vintage Vanity Fair pair of panties (ooo-la-la!) were some of the great tales of treasures.

Have a great flip story?  Write your tale of treasure in the comment section below. And BONUS! Share your flip story this week and you’ll get a chance to win the book featured in this post yesterday! I will draw the winner from the famous Tupperware bowl on Monday morning.

This entry was posted in Flippin' Friday Stories and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

1. Stacy says:

I sold my first set of Remington rollers for $40 bought at GW for $3. I also sold some new Coach shoes that I bought awhile ago at GW for $24.99. They were my size but just not comfy on my feet. Luckily I have a foot size(gunboats) that sell well and they sold for $48.97. Sold to a woman in the Armed Forces in Iraq so I also learned how to mail to APO addresses.

2. I bought a Kaiser Steel belt buckle for $2.50 at GW. Flipped it on eBay for $16.00. Many folks collect buckles and some sell for really good money on eBay, especially those from rock bands. I researched the Kaiser buckle and found out it had some great local history. This was a real fun flip!

3. I found a box of vintage 1960s New Year noisemakers at a yard sale for $2. Listed them individually on Etsy (there were about 25) and sold them all (to one person) for $85!! Woo hoo! Really enjoy your blog and especially Flippin’ Fridays — so fun to read everyone’s stories…

4. Kari says:

My husband and I hit the Goodwill clearance book bins occasionally, he found a Bible, still in its box, kind of shrugged and said to me, “you never know.” We paid 50 cents and it sold for $63.00. I did a little research, evidently Scofield Editions are a popular Bible (which this was.) It was not a red letter and if it had been it would have more than likely gone for more. So keep an eye out for Bibles! Most scanner book buyers have no way to really scan them and evidently leave them in the dust. Their loss my gain.

Love all everyones’ flips. I’m learning so much!

I bought a lot of 8 board games from craigslist for $30. I sold 4 of them for a total of $125. So my profit (after fees) is like $80 plus the 4 board games I didn’t sell, ha!

The board games I sold were Hero Quest ($51) Mutant Chronicles Seige of the Citedal ($33.50) , an unused (pieces unpunched from carboard) Ultimate Stratego ($24.50) and a different vintage Stratego ($16.50). While the first two had the best price, they also had a zillion little pieces that took forever to list and picture. I didn’t even have complete sets, they were each missing a small thing or two. If you can get one of those complete, they do well. They are fantasy type games.

The two Strategos were much more fun and easy to list, and I’ll be looking for those in the future. Its seems 80s ones do ok, but older do even better.

6. Leah says:

Found a sweet French Provence Jacquard orange and yellow tablecloth for $2.50 and sold on Ebay for $45.01. A Williams-Sonoma tablecloth, purchased for $3.50, sold for $24.99. These were not vintage, but apparently popular and were tear and stain free.

7. sraikh says:

I saw a snowboard (which looked really expensive) at Goodwill for $9.99. I checked that brand out and it went for $$. I figured I will buy it and if it sells, good or else I will redonate because honestly, no storage in my little house.

I listed it at BIN for $99 and accepted a BO of $70. Shipping it was easy. I took off the bindings and the board with in a sleeve(available FOC at fedex) and a box for bindings.It sold within 2 weeks of listing.

I went to a garage sale that had a lot of toys and I usually don’t even look at them, but they had a lot of new toys. Bought three new in package Whimzy Pets, Series One – a Kitten, Lion and Elephant. Bought all three for 50 cents. Sold all three for a total of $24.00. At the same yard sale I bought new in package with the codes 4 Webkinz charms and the bracelet for $19.00. Paid a $1.50 for all of them. Love everyone’s flip stories!!!!

9. Barbara says:

This week’s theme was vintage character sheets. I had gathered a few but hadn’t listed them when I ran into a stash at the thrift store-apparently somebody took them all from one closet straight to the store. Star Wars Empire Strikes Back, Superfriends, Garfield, Disney’s Fantasia, Strawberry Shortcake, Disney Olympics, etc. I bought them all for $13.50 and sold them for $165! The auctions were also super fun to watch because there were a lot of bidders for them.

10. Carla says:

I found a whole box of Brio wooden train track pieces (almost 100 pieces) for $5 which I sold for $45. At the same sale I found six hand-held electronic Littlest Pet Shop games for 25 cents each and sold them as a lot for $24!

11. Pingback: Foil, Hearts, and a GREAT week! | Late Night Coffee

12. Pingback: It’s Flippin’ Friday! #22 | Late Night Coffee

13. Georgi Sears says:

Scored a set of Remington Tight Curl Rollers for $3.99 at GW ~ sold them in one day for $59.99! WooHoo!