It’s that fantastic day of the week…Flippin’ Friday!

With sales starting to take off and thrift stores filling up with spring cleaning cast-offs…I know we’ll be getting some great tales!

Last week, we had flippin’ stories about a vintage Bakelite figural pin, Dansko professional clogs, a garment design book titled “Pattern Drafting and Grading” by M.Rohr, and a Tommy Bahama shirt and dress.

So what do we have this week? Simply write it in the comment section below! Remember, when you contribute a flip story, you get “INSTANT TREASURE FINDING KARMA”…which times just perfectly with the weekend! 🙂

Happy Treasure Hunting to you!

This entry was posted in Flippin' Friday Stories and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

1. Leah says:

I dropped by a little hole-in-the-wall, cash only thrift shop yesterday and there were four HP Laser Toner Cartridges new in the box. The gal took $15 each, but I was low on cash so only purchased two. After returning home I found out they were selling for $200 each on Ebay. Posted them both with a Buy It Now option and one has already sold. WooHoo! I called a dear friend and she picked up the remaining two. Always good to share the wealth. 🙂

2. Padma says:

I am very new to reselling on eBay. I bought a pair of Levis jeans in a church rummage sale for $1.00 and sold it for $14.80.

I blogged about some of my fun finds this week. The Fransiscan Starburst creamer was $3 and sold for $18 the same day. Also got a 1918 Gray’s Anatomy that was falling apart for $1 and sold it for $24 the next day. Those were both Etsy sales.
    Then I had one quick flip that reminded me of something I’d see in Late Night Coffee’s Ebay store! I found a knitting pattern booklet with instructions by Dale of Norway. There was another small pattern stuck insided. It was 99 cents. I know D of N sweaters are super expensive and I’m always on the lookout for one…so I figured the pattern would be worth it too. I sold it for $20 after a few days.

• shannon says:

dogsmom..i hope you read this..it should answer your question on my blog. Etsy is a great place for old medical books and ephemera.

I have still been picking up cheap magazines here and there. I think people are still cleaning out closets, etc. Sold two lots of Scrapbook Trends magazines – one lot of 11 for $40.00 and the other lot of 8 for $17.00. Bought all the magazines for $4.50. Love to hear about everyone’s great flips. Gives me new things to look for!!!!

Speaking of your recent Vera napkin finds…

I sold a Vera twin flat sheet this week for $9. I’ve had it a long time, since before I started reselling, I did buy it secondhand probably thinking I would craft with it someday. It was a pretty big all-over pattern, yellow with flower, very springish.

Not a huge flip, but nice to get a few dollars for something hanging around the house that I probably never would have used otherwise, ha!

6. Carla says:

I want to thank everyone for sharing their great finds and reselling knowledge. I can’t remember where I learned about Catherineholm enamelware, but it was from one of these thrifting blogs and dang if I didn’t find a piece in Goodwill for $1.99. Never would have given it a second glance before but it just jumped out at me. 5 1/2 in Lotus Bowl sold this week for $19.99.

7. I just flipped a Harrod’s Christmas 1999 Teddy Bear for $30. I bought him at the thrift store for $4.00, a little more than I would like to pay but I’d sold one before and knew it would be a good seller. And, last week I bought FOUR Boynton mugs for $0.99 each! Thanks, Flippin’ Friday, for the tip … will be listing these tomorrow. Now I have to hit my local thrift stores for greeting cards … I’ve always passed these up but no more!

• Just an update on the Boynton mugs … I listed them in my store at $9.99 on Sunday. By Monday afternoon, I had sold two! In hindsight, I’m thinking I should have put them up for auction to see if they would have sold for more. I still have the other 2 in my store, but I know there are similar ones listed so will keep them in the store. Thanks, Flippin Friday!

8. nancy says:

I paid $2 on half price day for a Marvin the Martian Wilton Cake Pan and it sold for $19.99. Also sold a Barney cake pan for $10.50. Again paid $2. Both were hanging on the wall of a little thrift store I went to for the first time. Lots of cools stuff there for cheap.

9. Barbara says:

I couldn’t wait until Sunday night to tell you about my Ebay flips! I just had the best week ever in my 1-1/2 years of Ebaying.

Remember the Starbucks stainless steel mug? Right after the first one sold a gentleman wrote asking if I ever found another one to let him know. I went straight out, scoured the stores and found one!! Talk about good thrifting karma! He didn’t want it right then but he advised me to put it on ebay. The second one just sold for $91.00! Paid $2.92 for each of the mugs.

Second listing was a lot of recipes cards that I found at an estate sale. I had sold a box of recipe cards for $21 once and was estatic with that. This time I found 13 boxes at one sale. $1.50 a box and it sold for $236. Hooray!

My total wild card was a box of electronics that I found at a garage sale at a trailer park. There was stuff scattered all over the ground and I had no idea was it was so I took a gamble, put together a box and paid $15 total. They ended up being a ham radio, accessories and electronics books. I sold 3/4rds of the box for $251.

I know every week can’t be like this but it sure was fun!

10. What GREAT stories this week! I can hear the excitement in your writing about your finds….fun stuff! I’ve definitely added more things to my “look for” list!

My flip story is about the french perfume “Ecusson” that I posted about earlier this past week. They sold for $23.00. Not bad for a 50 cent investment…

11. Pingback: It’s Flippin’ Friday! #25 | Late Night Coffee