Bummer thrifting weekend.

I shouldn’t say that. It wasn’t horrible. I think that I just have had too many GREAT weekends that this one paled in comparison.

I think the thing that bummed me out was that for once I had done a lot of work so I could go “guilt-free”. On Friday, I had cleaned the house, organized my inventory, and took almost 50 pictures of items to list.   I wanted to be able to stay out as long as I wanted to without that nagging voice in my head telling me to… get… back ….home.

Unfortunately, the garage sale gods were not working in my favor.  Most of the sales I went to were wayyyyyy overpriced or just junk.  The money I had was burning a hole in my pocket and practically through my leg trying to free itself.

It wasn’t until I decided to chuck the whole garage sale scene and head to some  libraries and thrift stores that I finally found some decent things.  Mostly books.  Some patterns.  A Boynton mug.

So I came back and “shopped” at my own house while organizing some more of my inventory.

That’s where I finally found some cool things. I even gave myself a discount.

Happy hunting this week!

This entry was posted in My Junkin' Finds and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Bummer thrifting weekend.

1. Leah says:

Too funny … your post always give me a laugh, which is good medicine! Thanks for sharing your gifts of humor and thrift. 🙂

Aw, sorry you didn’t get that thrifting high. That what makes it exciting, you never know what you are going to get.

I didn’t go out at all and I reeeeally deserved to after my husband had been out of town for work all week after pulling a 60 hour week including working saturday before that. But I needed to work on my daughter’s dress for her school’s Pioneer Days so I spent all day saturday and much of sunday sewing, and you know what? It was very theraputic. I got really into it and sewed for hours without stoping for an internet break and I think it really cleared my head and felt good to make something with my hands. Oh, but you know the material I used was thrifted sheets! Peeeerfect for an old west girl’s dress, right? Very authentic way to reuse.

But on friday I found a thrift store very near my house I didn’t even know about! It had only been there a year and as I was doing a quick walk-through, the light came through the clouds from the heavens when the lady working there said, “go look through the warehouse.” The warehouse!!! I cannot wait until I have more time to spent poking around there. I’ve been dreaming of it. Soon, I hope, soon.

There will always be deals to find when you least expect it!

• A WAREHOUSE??? WOWWWWW! Now THAT’S something to look forward to doing! I wouldn’t be able to sleep knowing that was waiting for me…

And great idea with the sheets for the dress….I wish I could sew.

• Jessica says:

A flat king sheet is like 8 yards of fabric! That would have been so much more expensive to buy new for sure. I love to sew, but it always takes so much longer than I think it will and then I swear to myself I will never again take on another big project and I don’t for a long time, but always eventually do.

I know. I’m just itching to get to that warehouse! It right down the street too. Sigh. But I’m saving it for when I have hours alone to enjoy it.

Well, at least we know that you’re not ALWAYS smiled upon by the thrifting gods. LOL.
    You ARE like one of us. 🙂

I went thrifting today and found a couple Starbucks things, a cashmere sweater and a Griswold cast iron pan!

• Alas…I am a mere mortal in the junkin’ world too. I think I jinxed myself with all that prep work I did the day before. Next weekend, the house is going to be left a complete wreck and I’m going to purposely leave my inventory all over the place before I leave.

Great finds! Congrats on that!

4. Alyssa says:

Sorry you had one of those days. That inevitably happens to me, too, when I’ve got money burning a hole in my pocket and some actual guilt-free time.

5. Van says:

Well at least you got some organization and reselling progress done! Be proud 🙂 I went and founds some lovely stuff yard sale hunting, now I have some boxes to price and sort through…