It’s Flippin’ Friday! YAAAAAYYYYYYYYY! Time to find out more great things to be on the lookout for in your adventures!

Last week, we heard great stories about a patio furniture set, and Edixa camera, brown bag cookie art stamps/molds, a big bunch of copper items, a huge bin of Barbie & Kelly dolls and furniture/clothes, a Dr. Seuss & Peanuts themed nursing scrubs tops, some old sports pennants, and a yearbook! Wow! GREAT stories!

Want to share a “flip” you’ve had recently? Just write it in the comments section below…we love ’em..big or small! AND A SUMMER BONUS…….This week,anyone who contributes a story about an item they flipped, will have their name put into the “Official Tupperware Bowl”. The name that is picked out of the bowl will receive a $20.00 Starbucks gift card. Oh-yeahhhhhhhhh! Your story needs to be submitted by midnight on Sunday, June 19 to get your name in the bowl.

Happy Hunting this weekend! And Happy Father’s Day to all those dads out there!

This entry was posted in Flippin' Friday Stories and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

1. Linda says:

Good morning! I am always on the lookout for plus sized clothing to flip. I know how hard it is to find new, and how expensive it can be. Recently, I found a gorgeous denim button-front embroidered blouse/jacket for women in a size 4X. Half-price day at Value Village made it only $1.49. I sold it on eBay for $27.60! Happy weekend to you all!

2. nancy says:

I have seen on various blogs I read that vintage typewriters were making a comeback. So I was at a rummage sale a couple of weeks ago and spotted a typewriter. It was a buck! How could I go wrong. I picked it up and paid for it, almost left the cover there….and took it home. I researched it and much to my surprise the Hermes 3000 I’d bought for a dollar was quite desirable. A store in New York sells them for $450. I cleaned it up and took a bunch of photos. I made sure it worked and listed it. I started it at $99. It ended at $150! That was quite an exciting few days. I decided to pay to have someone else pack it up as I was nervous about shipping and damage so that ate a few bucks off my profit but it was still a great flip!

3. Rebecca says:

I have a flip in progress…Stopped into 3 unplanned sales near the little church sale I’d planned to go to. Saw a funky little mid century box which was a flatware chest with set of Rogers silverplate and a few odds & ends mixed in. Upon a closer look, the odds & ends turned out to be Towle French Provincial Sterling and I found 14 pieces total tucked in with all the silverplate. Their asking price for everything including the box? $10. Potential sale price for just the 14 sterling pieces? $600!!! I’m excited because I always look for sterling flatware but this was the first time finding any.

4. Carla says:

I bought a tub of Littlest Pet Shop pets and homes plus a case to carry most of them (too many to fit) for $5 at a recent yard sale. THere were over 140 little pets so that is the price I picked for the lot. $140. And it sold for that two or three days later! Best profit margin ever.

5. Marci says:

I had one of my best flips this week, but reading through the other stories makes it not quite as exciting (jeez people, how do you find this stuff??) Anyway, I was at a garage sale and I spotted a ziploc bag full of odds and ends, little boxes, some metal, etc. I had no idea what was in it but it looked interesting and it was only 50 cents. When I got it home and dumped it out I noticed that the little boxes (there were 3) had 12 even smaller boxes inside. Turns out they were Esterbrook pen nibs. These are the metal end pieces that go on old fashioned fountain pens. Each tiny box had one nib, they were various types, such as fine point, medium fine, medium etc. After looking them up I learned they were quite valuable, about $10-$15 each nib. I put one box on ebay just to see how it would do, sold for $125.00 today! I am off to go list the other 2 boxes!

6. My big flips for the week were fluted Starbucks mugs from 2006 in pink, blue, and purple. I bought them for fifty cents a piece and sold them for $19.99 each. $1.50 into almost sixty bucks is pretty good!!

7. Valerie says:

Found a Springbok jigsaw puzzle, new in box. Bought for $1.50, sold for $23 the day after I listed it.
    Also found a bottle of Tweed Cologne by Lentheric– Very vintage looking, but in great shape, still in box, and didn’t even look used at all. Paid $1. From the research I’ve done, I think I can get about $65 for it– will let you know!

8. Lindy Dieckman says:

Hi! I read your blog every day and have gotten some great information from it.Thank you for being so willing so share your knowledge with everyone. I think a lot of people would be tempted to keep this type of information to themselves!
    My most recent great flip was a used bottle of Chanel perfume that I purchased at a garage sale for .25 cents. I ended up selling it for $42.99. I was a little nervous about shipping it, but it arrived safe and sound.
    Used perfume – who knew?

9. Sue H. says:

Really small flip compared to others, but it made me smile. I bought a Starbucks (how appropriate) thermal drinking glass with a screw on top at the junk store for 33 cents. Sold it for 5 bucks on EBay.

10. Wow. My flips this week aren’t nearly as exciting as yours. 🙂 But i’ll share anyway.

I found a bunch of old board games at a yard sale from the 70’s, they were a buck each. I listed them on Craigslist and sold them for $10.00 each. No Fuss, No Muss.

11. elisa says:

I am still very new at this flipping business, and I’ve bought many things that later turned out to not be valuable. However, I am currently selling (and they are bid upon, so they will be sold), 2 pairs of shoes. I got them for $6, selling for $18; and the second, got at $10, selling for $18. so, modest profits, but at least I’ll make a profit on these 2! I hope to have more later! it’s too bad the thrift stores around here are expensive, and there aren’t many estate sales; I have to try going to yard sales instead!

12. anniprapad says:

I am learning a lot of useful information from your blog. I picked a bunch of patterns for free two weeks ago. One of them (Vintage Simplicity 2pc bathing suit pattern) sold for $5.99.

Wow, great flips this week. Stuff I never would have known about. Thanks for sharing everyone!

Well, I haven’t been selling too much thus far this summer. Wah. But I did just make power seller, just the lowest level, but it’s keeping me motivated to keep on listing.

Before school ended, my kids’ school had their annual used book sale. Fun stuff because prices were low, and I felt good taking chances on books because all the money went to a good cause!

I had two good flips from it. The first I had actually flipped before, so cool when experience starts to pay off. A book from the 60s called Give Your Child a Superior Mind by Siegfried Engelmann, hardcover with dustjacket. I bought it for about $2 and sold it for $25. Both times I flipped this book it sold pretty fast, so definitely look out for it, there is demand.

Second was a children’s book of poetry called Alligator Pie by Dennis Lee. It was a pretty hardcover book in good condition so I took a chance on it. I think I paid $1 or less. I sold it for $20. Only one bid, so I don’t know how much demand would be for another, but the prices for it on Amazon are much higher even.

I was happy with those two flips!

14. Pingback: “And the winner is”……..and some fun finds. |