Yay! It’s Flippin’ Friday! Let the fireworks begin!

Last week, our readers gave us stories about a Super Mario Wilton cake pan, a vintage “How to Run a Lathe” book, a Ralph Lauren tweed jacket, Build-a-Bear dogs with costumes, Keen shoes, a lot of vintage pharmacy bottles, a lot of apothecary bottles, a Simplicity Disney Princess costume sewing pattern, Under Armour clothing, a box of Coby vintage greeting cards, and a lot of Coke Reward bottle caps.  WOWZERS!  I’m always amazed at the variety of items that are shared! Thank you to all that contributed a story last week!

Got a great flip? Share it with us in the comment section below. Its a great way to share that fun moment and an even better way for all of us to learn about a new item to look for in our adventures.

Happy hunting and have a SAFE and Happy 4th of July weekend!

Like Flippin’ Fridays? Have friends that might like it too? “Like” or “Share” this link with your friends….the more the merrier!

This entry was posted in Flippin' Friday Stories and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

1. I had pretty good luck with flipping a couple of pieces of costume jewelry last week. One was a little silver and brass dog pin by Far Fetched, the other was a pair of Laurel Burch lizard earrings. I think I paid fifty cents for each of them and used them myself for several years. They’ve just been hanging out among my bits and bobs for a while, so I put them up for auction last week. The pin went for $8.50 and the earrings for almost $12. Laurel Burch especially seems to be something to keep an eye out for, as long as it’s in good condition.

2. nancy says:

Bought an unopened set of Winnie the Pooh curtains for $5 at a thrift shop, sold for $20. Easy too. Description was already on the package. No real research needed. No measurements to take. Not breakable! Not heavy.

3. Padma says:

I got a vintage Macarame Sunset book for free from an estate sale. It sold for $8.00. I would not have picked the book if I had not read your blog. Thank you.

4. I FINALLY have a big flip to report! I have been waiting and waiting! I bought a set of Rogers Brothers 1847 silverplate flatware for $5.00 at an estate sale. It is the pattern Silver Lace from the year 1968. It ended up being a complete set. I am breaking it into two 4 place setting sets and also selling the hostess set and completer set. I put up one of the 4 place setting sets at $199.99 and accepted an offer of $160 for it 6 days later after a ton of views. I will put up the other set later this month.

I had a few flips lately that I learned about from this blog! I sold a lot of 8 Domino magazines for $43. This magazine is no longer in print, which I believe I read here months ago.

Also, I sold a little manual to a junior chemistry set from 1958 for $14.50. I bought it at my library booksale for 25 cents since I convinced them it should be priced as a children’s book although now I feel bad I didn’t pay the normal $1 non-fiction price. Didn’t you also blog about old manuals? Wow, what a good student am I. I’m convinced it’s also because I enjoy a good cup of joe late at night. 😉

6. Anne says:

I picked up a New in the box set of miniature metal figurines for the role playing game WarHammer. (think Dungeons & Dragons). The idea is you put them together and paint them then use them in your game. I paid about $1 and sold them for $31. 🙂

7. gretchen says:

I bought a nice lady head vase for 50 cents. Unfortunately one eyelash was broken. I priced them on ebay, and was surprised that most were selling for under 20.00. I listed it for 9.99, sold it for 47.00! Woo hoo!

8. Marci says:

In the last 2 weeks I have sold 2 sets of Melmac dishes. The first I picked up at a garage sale, several pink coffee cups with saucers. Paid $2.00 and sold 2 days later for $14.00. A few days later I found a set at Goodwill that had plates, cups,saucers and bowls. It was $12.50 for the whole set and I put it back several times because I didn’t want to pay that much. In the end I bought it and was glad I did when it sold for $47.00 in one day. Now I am on the lookout for more of this hot dinnerware!

9. Becky Pries says:

I sold two vintage twin size flat sheets with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs for $60. Character sheets seem to sell well for me especially the girl ones. Use cutter and fabric in your description as some people use the sheets for projects.

10. Jeanie says:

I bought a beautiful, large, original oil painting by an unknown artist at an estate sale for $7. I planned to keep it but it was too big for the spot where I was going to hang it. I listed it on craigslist as a “make an offer” item and within a couple of days I had an interested party. They asked me how much I wanted and I said $40. Sold it to them within the hour. Coulda, shoulda, woulda… might have been able to get more but since I went the craigslist route, but there were no fees and I had cash in hand at the time of the sale. I’m happy with it. 🙂

11. Pingback: It’s Flippin’ Friday! #42 |