It’s Flippin’ Friday again! Whoo-hoo!

But first a big thank you to everyone who “liked” my facebook pages so far…WOW! A BIG help! If you are currently on Facebook, check out yesterday’s post…all “likes” are VERY appreciated!

Sooooooooo…last week we had some more great flip stories. They included a vintage console set, a NIKE Livestrong hooded pullover, a Garden Way All Metal Squeezo II Strainer, a German Fairing pig, Care Bear Cousin Pig stuffed toy, and some Fire King milk glass mugs.  What interesting things! Thank you to everyone who contributed!

If you have a flip story you would like to share, just put in the comments section below!  You write ’em, we read ’em…and love ’em!

**********************************************************************

July July 31 is the deadline to get your “FREE LIFETIME LINK”!  Click “Late Night Market Info” at the top of this page for more information on getting your link added! Great way to increase traffic to your items!

This entry was posted in Flippin' Friday Stories and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

1. Tanya says:

This week I sold a Croft and Barrow sweater with a nordic design on it to someone in Ohio. I just about overheated boxing it up! 🙂 I made about $15 (my asking price) on it, so not a huge amount, but every bit helps right now and it reminded me to list everything I have and not wait for the perfect season.

I sold two Arabia of Finland plates for 23.00 a piece. They were called Aquarium and had an octopus as well as fish swimming around on the plate. They were hand painted. Bought for 50 cents a piece at a mission store. Listed both of them one week for $7.95 a piece. Some lookers but no bidders. Relisted one of them and had lots of watchers and ended up selling for 23.75. The lady that bought it was so excited to have won this plate so I let her know that I had another one and did a buy it now for 23.00. So crazy how one week it does nothing and the next week I have several bidders and sells for a great price. Loving every ones flips!!!

3. Linda says:

Good morning! I found an adorable pair of Skecher G-Tech flip flops, new with tags still attached, at my local thrift store. The asking price was $9.90, but at the register, I learned that it was BOGO day for shoes! In the back, they had another pair, same size in a different color. I chose them as my free pair, making the shoes $4.95 each.

I bought them for myself, but as cute as they are, I just can’t wear flip flops. I listed the new pair on eBay as an auction. The sold for $52.09!

Have a good weekend!

4. Anonymous says:

I found my first Vera Neumann items several weeks ago. It was at a rummage sale that had a dollar a bag sale the last hour. So they were the first thing I put in my bag. Six Vera Neumann napkins in ranbow stripes. Two were stained but the other four were in nice shape. They ended at $18.50. I spent a total of $8 at the bag sale and so far between the napkins and a book I’ve taken in over $30. I still have things to research and sell from that sale so hopefully I’ll make more.

5. Cindy says:

I bought a Versace silk scarf and a vintage Christian Dior silk pocket square/hankie at the thrift store for a total of $3.00. The Versace scarf sold for $51.00 and the Christian Dior pocket square sold for $25.00. Yeah! Happy thrifting!

6. Jeanie says:

I found two one-gallon zipper bags of rubber stamps (for scrapbooking) at Goodwill for a total of $5. This is unfamiliar territory for me but I figured I’d take a chance. There were 86 stamps all together, most were from the mid-1990’s and were Stampin’ Up! brand but there were several other brands mixed in. They were large & small; used & unused; wood mounted & foam mounted. (side note: wood mounted=better profit!) After researching completed auctions on ebay, I divided them up into individual auction listings along with several lots. In the first go, about half of the rubber stamps sold and I’ve made $27 profit. The unsold auctions are now relisted with a Buy It Now option added. One lot sold within hours of my relisting it. Most of the remaining auctions have watchers so we’ll see… It was a good learning experience!

• Jessica says:

Yea! I’ve had great luck with Stampin UP stuff as well. They aren’t sold in stores, only through the party thing (like Tupperware) and they retire designs after a few years, so they really hold their value. I was actually researching them a few days ago and sorted completeds highest to lowest and some of the old ones really sold well! Like hunderds for some cowboy ones. wow!

• Jeanie says:

Yes! We had some of those cowboy ones but my horse-obsessed 9 yr old laid claim on those. I decided that she can use them for a while… and then off to ebay they go. I didn’t have the whole set of those, so we aren’t looking at hundreds. If it had been the whole set, it would have been a whole different story!
        Thanks for the Stampin Up info, I had no idea they were only sold through parties. Good to know! 🙂

7. Marci says:

I listed NOTHING on ebay last week. I am melting here in Kansas and just have not been in the mood. I did sell a pair of vintage rainbow flip flops on Etsy. Paid 2.00 and sold for 14.00. Not huge but considering I did no work last week I was glad something sold. I hope I find some energy this week and get stuff listed. And I hope it rains. And I hope the temp goes below 100 degrees. A girl can hope right?

8. laura says:

last year my husband and I purchased some netbooks at a borough surplus sale they were 15 dollars a piece. turns out they are highly sought after for animators, one was bought and sent to New Zealand for someone working on the Hobbit movie! They have been selling well for us bringing in an average of 450 a piece. We only have 2 more to list but the profits have helped send me to BlogHer this year to speak and put money in our savings acct. Loving the flips I’m seeing here, it’s great to see so many different items selling. Definitely good research!!

9. Gina says:

I got a pair of NWT Marina Rinaldi pants at one of my favorite thrift stores, it was $6.99. Sold for $40, so not a huge flip, but it paid for that thrift store trip! MSRP was $335!!!

10. DogsMom says:

Everyone talking about the heat, and I am so there with you. Stopped at a rummage sale I found just by a sign on a street corner. The woman had sweaters for 50cents each. I have not listed them yet but am sure I can do better than double my money. Some nice brands, White Stag, Sag Harbor, etc.

11. Pingback: It’s Flippin’ Friday! #45 |