It’s Flippin’ Friday once again and time to break out those fabulous flips you all are having!

Last week, we had stories about Ariat women’s cowgirl boots, Remington “Tight Curls” rollers, and men’s Wrangler cowboy boots….yee-haw!

What flips have you had recently? Share them with us in the comments section below! We love ’em…big or small!

And if you are going out this weekend on some adventures, take along a copy of “The List”.…great reference for things that sell well.

*******************************************

Join us this weekend for “Weekend Wonder“! A great opportunity to ask questions and share your knowledge on reselling!

This entry was posted in Flippin' Friday Stories and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

1. Nancy says:

I had another boot flip this week. Two new ebayers duked it out and they ended at $36. I think they cost me $7. I also sold a Harry Potter Sorcerer’s Stone mug to someone in England. The last HP movie is playing right now so I’m trying to get any HP things I have or find listed straight away.

2. A couple of years ago I picked up a whole bunch of Mary Engelbreit’s now-defunct Home Companion magazine. Something like 38 copies for three bucks. I enjoyed going through them at least $3 worth, but didn’t want to keep them forever. So I checked eBay and saw these do resell fairly well. Ended up bundling them into 4 lots which all sold, and after paying all expenses I made a profit of just over $55. Woo hoo!

A couple weeks ago I picked up a metal and red enamel bowl at Goodwill. It was marked Krenit Denmark. I have a policy of picking up or researching anything made in Denmark/Sweden/Norway, especially if it looks vintage. It was 99 cents so I grabbed it.
    Got home and couldn’t believe the prices on these pieces.
    Listed my small little bowl at 79.99, hoping to get a $50 offer. But last week it sold at full asking price!!

4. Gina says:

I picked up a new-in-box Tamagotchi virtual pet last week at a yardsale, listed it, sold in less than 30 minutes (hmm maybe I should’ve priced higher?), paid in less than an hour total. Going to mail it today! Sold for 10x the price I paid, so once I take out fees etc I made 9x the profit. Makes me wish I’d bought the other pet too! ahh so BOLO on those!

• Gina says:

aww crud I forgot to take out shipping…so, “only” made 6x what I paid. still, a good flip!

I sold a lot of stuff this week and one of my best flips were two Jiffy Needlepoint kits, Mrs Kringle ornament and Santa ornament. Spent $1.00 for both of them and sold both of them to the same person for $46.00. I think it is time to pull the rest of my Christmas embroidery kits out to sell.

6. I sold a Sundance skirt that I picked up at a yardsale for $1.00 and it sold within 2 hours of listing for $19.99. Did that also with a Michael Kors dress (thrift store find for $1.00) and it sold for over $20!

7. Pingback: It’s Flippin’ Friday! #47 |

8. Corie Stern says:

Shannon; maybe somewhat prejudice but since I’m 1/2 Finnish don’t leave out Finnish items like Ittala makers of beautiful glass and birds of glass can be very pricey items! Corie in Seattle