Flippin’ Friday #58

Happy Flippin’ Friday! I can’t believe that October is almost over!

Anyway…last week we had some INCREDIBLE flip stories…wow! The stories included flips about a pair of Minnetonka dearskin moccasins,pair of boys Timberland boots,a lot of  76 Starbucks cards,a NIB Disney World Monorail Accessories Set (included 5 Disney Resort signs),a climbing tree stand (deer stand for hunting),a pair of Cole Haan dress shoes, and an Ann Taylor wrap dress. Those were awesome….thanks everyone!

If you have a great flip you’d like to share, just write it in the comments section below! We love reading them! Just be sure to include your item, what you paid, and what it sold for in the end.

Have a great Halloween weekend! We have four days left in the Late Night Market Contest…..stop by and play for your chance to win a $50.00 Starbucks card!

This entry was posted in Flippin' Friday Stories and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Flippin’ Friday #58

1. Gretchen says:

Once again this bottom feeder had a great flip. (I rather sell expensive stuff, but it’s not that easy for me to find! LOL) How creepy great? Just in time for halloween….I got to a local auction every week and pick up scraps people have left behind. Last time I scrounged 3 antique broken doll heads (early 1900s) you know the creepy kind with cracked faces no eyes, I sold them Tues. night for 43.00! And it was a throw away. That’s the third time I’ve scored with auction trash. LOL….

2. Tanya says:

About a month ago I went to a pickers sale (usually too expensive for my taste) and it was at the end of the day, so I wasn’t expecting to find much. As I was walking up to some shelves, a guy said they had just started to reduce prices, and everything on the shelves where I was at was priced at $5 a box. I ended up with tons of stuff, mostly glassware. One thing I picked up was a Royal Haeger wall planter. It was in the shape of a clock. I just sold it this week for $25! Not a huge sale, but a huge profit and I still have a ton to sell for pure profit

3. Grandma's Trash says:

I found some Bucilla Wondersheen at my favorite thrift and it was not marked. We all know what happens to stuff at the thrift store that isn’t marked. But I asked at check out any way. The checker asked and they priced it for me. Yipee!!! I bought all 32 for $12.75 and listed them on Sunday night. On Monday night they sold for $112. Sometimes it PAYS to ask (pun intended).

4. Shara says:

I picked up an Advertising paperweight.sigh for 50¢ a few weeks ago. It said Adlake 1857-1957. I had no idea what Adlake was, but it looked neat and the price was right. After some research, I discovered that Adlake makes Lanterns and Locks and are highly collected. I put the sign on ebay with a $9.99 start thinking it might sell to a collector and that $9.99 would be good. It had bids immediately and ended at $89.00. I’ve had better flips in the past, but this was the best one in a while. It made me have ebay fever again! 😀

5. Deeda in Seattle says:

What is Bucilla Wondersheen? Yarn? My flip for the week isn’t huge, but interesting…a 1990s Boy/Eagle? Scout Sash with 25 badges and 3 Utah historic patches–in Terrific condition. I didn’t know they were collectible, I thought, maybe for a costume? As many as 8 watchers, but went down to 4, finally got my asking bid of $29.99. I saw older ones go for over $40! Score for something that cost me 1.00 from GW Outlet!

6. Leah says:

One of our local thrift stores has clear plastic grab bags in which they stuff all kinds of things. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. A friend of mine finds great boxed collectors Christmas ornaments this way to resell on Ebay. I stay away from the ornaments to not compete with her, but did pick up a bag full of sewing odds and ends. There were two Made In Germany printed needlepoint canvases inside, as well as some cute pink painted handle needlecraft scissors in a leather case. Sold both needlepoint canvases for $25.00 total. Not a bad profit for the $2.00 spent. I am keeping the sweet pink sewing scissors.

7. Pingback: Flippin’ Friday #59 |