Flippin’ Friday #59

It’s getting cold…but the sales are getting hot! Welcome to Flippin’ Friday again everyone!

We are getting some REALLY great stories…and last week was no exception! We got to read some great flips about some antique (broken) doll heads, a Royal Haeger planter, a lot of Bucilla Wondersheen, an Adlake advertising paperweight, a 1990s Boy/Eagle? Scout Sash with 25 badges and 3 Utah historic patches, and two Made In Germany printed needlepoint canvases.  What interesting items…thanks everyone for sharing!!

If you have a great flip you’d like to share, just write it in the comments section below! We love reading them! Just be sure to include your item, what you paid, and what it sold for in the end.

Have a great weekend everyone…and remember to “FALL BACK!”.

This entry was posted in Flippin' Friday Stories and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Flippin’ Friday #59

1. Nancy says:

I sold a crochet pattern booklet this week for two Disney afghans. One has Minnie on it and the other Mickey. I bought it at a thrift store for under a dollar and sold for $21.66.

2. Anonymous says:

Never worn, black leather, Salvatore Ferragamo loafers purchased at a yard sale for $6 and sold on ebay for $99!

3. Anonymous says:

Post below (Ferragamo shoes) is from The Thrifty Picker-Rachael
    web blog: http://thethriftypicker.blogspot.com/

4. Rebecca says:

Sold a Vita-Mix recipe binder (that included the owner’s guide) for a quick $30. Paid $1 for it. Sold within 24 hours, so I probably should have priced higher but I was happy with the quick flip.:)

5. Priya says:

I sold a book for $10.00 on Digital Photography (Digital Portrait Photography: Art, Business & Style (A Lark Photography Book..) within minutes of listing it on Amazon. Paid 10 cents for it.

6. Shirley Wall says:

OK, this is probably way out of the normal resell item but just goes to show never throw anything away (or stick it in a” to go to Goodwill” bag) without checking online to see if there is any resale value. Our trusty old shop vacuum left us this summer for shop vac heaven. My husband was straightening in his garage and found a NIB filter for the departed shop vac. Checked on EBay – yes, these items do sell, listed it for $4.99 + 6.00 S/H because they are still listed on the Sears website as available for $16.00, so I figured someone would get a good deal out of this. Lot’s of interest/watchers and sold for $23.52, cleared about $17.00. Not huge but kind of fun to have something we don’t need anymore go to a good home and make a little money on it. Thanks for all your tips and help!

7. Vintage Xmas ornaments seems to be a hot item in my etsy shop. I’ve sold a few boxes of round glass ornaments for $11/ box that I paid .50/ box for. Yay!

8. Deeda in Seattle says:

I bought a 6 purses/bags/wallet at a Private School Rummage Sale (Bill Gates Jr went there) for $1 each, and listed 5 (one is white canvas & will wait for better weather)–and they ALL sold for a total of $94.50. Wow, they were selling like hotcakes this week, and none of them are huge designer brands–they were a Club Monaco suede bag ($34), a mini Jansport($9), a New Haiku bag-gorgeous!($25), a Small Michael Kors purse ($18), & a cute Owl-print wallet($10.50). Did I add it up right? Amazing. For Xmas gifts or Women are weak when it comes to purses?? Both, I think! Best sale has got to be the Doc Martens AirWair Kids Boots that sold for $30, bought at the GW Outlet for $1.00.

9. Pingback: Flippin’ Friday #60 |