Flippin’ Friday #62

It’s Flippin’ Friday again….holiday style!

With the sales heating up…so are the flips! Last Flippin’ Friday, we had some great stories about a Fire King milk glass mug with Stuckey’s Coffee club graphics in red and aqua,oversized vintage flashcards from 1961,a Bucilla felt sequin Birds Christmas stocking kit,a binder of Annie’s attic plastic canvas patterns, an Arabia vase (made in Finland),a pair of womens’ 7 For All Mankind jeans,a Playmobil Victorian Mansion in its box,a Jones New York cocktail dress, a pair of CAbi cargo pants,a pair of vintage Code West dark green suede cowboy boots,a Talking Alf, and two issues of  Martha Stewart Living magazines.

WOW! Those were some great flips everyone! Thanks!!

If you have a great flip you’d like to share, just write it in the comments section below! We love reading them! Just be sure to include your item, what you paid, and what it sold for in the end.

Have a great weekend! And if you have any holiday gift listings you’d like to share, link them up in “Show and Sell” on the righthand side! One week left!

This entry was posted in Flippin' Friday Stories and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Flippin’ Friday #62

1. Jeanie says:

I recently got a shoebox-sized plastic bin of 1/64 size John Deere (and other brand) tractors, trucks, etc. at a yard sale for $1. I sold them as a lot on ebay for $36 plus shipping. While the final amount isn’t astounding, I’ll never complain about turning a buck into 36 bucks!

2. Bought a Star Wars Yoda for 6.25 and sold for 46.99 on the ‘bay (less 12 bucks shipping) Bought vintage NOS Givenchy pantyhose for 50 cents and sold on ‘bay for 14.99 (less 2 bucks shipping) less than 12 hours after purchase!

3. Gretchen says:

A couple of weeks ago I found a coca cola seltzer bottle that had been abandoned at the auction I go to on wed. It was just clear glass, with the coca cola imprint on the top dispenser thingy. Listed it for 9.99, sold for 152.00! Trust me I just tell you about the good stuff, I spent 150.00 at the auction on 2 boxes of broken jewelry! LOL ouch.

4. Susan says:

I had high hopes for this flip but it didn’t pan out quite as expected – 25 cents for “Bartenders Guide to the Best Mixed Drinks”, published in 1952 in Japan. The text was in English and Japanese – possibly a memento of occupied Japan? Sold for $20.50 on eBay. That wouldn’t have been so bad, but I offered free expedited shipping which cost me $5.00. One of these (in somewhat better condition) sold on eBay last summer for $69.00. If anyone has tips for selling rare books like this one, please share!

• Gretchen says:

I dont’ have any advice on how to do better, but 15.00 on a 25 cent book still is a great flip!. I’ve had the same thing happen to me, something has sold for a high price, (I’ve even copied and pasted the description) and then I sell it for 9.99. Go figure. It’s just the right buyer at the right time.

5. Valerie says:

I saw a nice sweater in a thrift shop – Oleana- Made in Norway- it was $6, so I passed it by. I don’t have a smartphone, so I wrote down the name and looked it up when I got home – saw that they retail for up to $400 new. I ran back to the thrift store as fast as I could and bought the sweater. Just sold it on ebay for $189! Not bad- I won’t forget that brand!

6. Jackie K says:

Had another fun find this week at Goodwill. A set of Mode Danish starburst aqua and grey flatware was in the utensils bins at 10 cents per piece. I bought all I could find for $3. Listed four 5-piece place settings and sold them same day for $99 total (less $9 shipping). Cool!!

Now to list the rest….