Flippin’ Friday #96

Welcome back to Flippin’ Friday! I hope you are finding some great things to flip!

A couple of weeks ago,  we had some great flip stories about  an out-of-print copy of “Secrets of the Gnomes”, Large Folkmanis Brand Wooly Mammoth puppet, 11″ Large Pokemon Buizel Plush toy, Large 13″ Pokemon Lucario, Two Martha Stewart Kids magazines from 2002 & 2003, A NWOT Nike Crossbody Organizer Travel Wallet, a Lucky Brand small Patchwork Corduroy Purse, a 1956 Escoffier Hardback Cookbook, and a Remington Tight Curls Hot Roller Set.

WOW! Those were some excellent flips!!! Thanks for sharing!

If you have a great flip you’d like to share, just write it in the comments section below! We love reading them! Just be sure to include your item, what you paid, and what it sold for in the end.

Looking for more great flips? Check out some more great Flippin’ Fridays here and all the great things to look for under “The List” at the top.  And I always keep my list too at the top under “Flips”!

Have a great weekend and happy hunting!

This entry was posted in Flippin' Friday Stories and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Flippin’ Friday #96

1. Barbara says:

My best flip of all times was a pair of vintage suede Converse tennis shoes that I got at an estate sale my mother-in-law was conducting for a friend. I helped her a lot and cleaned out the most disgustingly dirty closet, and she told me I could have any of the shoes that I wanted. So among other men’s shoes, I picked up a pair of the most hideous puke-gold Converse shoes that had about 1/4″ of dust on them. These shoes sat in a basket for a couple of months, and I almost donated them to Goodwill. Finally I looked them up on eBay, only to discover they can go quite high. So I got busy and listed those babies right away with a starting bid of $15. I immediately started getting offers — $150, $300 — but I decided to let it ride. And thank goodness I did, because it ended at $667 and the Japanese buyer paid same day. (Btw, also got a pair of vintage Riddell referee shoes there and they sold for a “measly” $120-something.) I’ve been looking for vintage Converse shoes ever since!

2. Susan says:

Okay, Barbara, how can anyone possibly post their flips after THAT story? Seriously, though, that is the kind of flip we all dream of!

This week I sold one hardwood pool cue in case for $20 (FREE), my daughter’s criminal justice textbook just days after listing it for $62.95 (don’t know how much she paid) and a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, copyright 1943, printed in 1951, for $34.95 ($3). Stopped at an estate sale this afternoon and picked up another vintage Better Homes cookbook for $3 to replenish my limited inventory.

C’mon, all you other resellers, share your stories – I love to read them!

3. admin says:

Wow Barbara….what a great flip! Good for you! And Susan…your flips brought in some good change too! Thanks for sharing all of those!

I’ll share a great recent flip.

I had arrived at an estate sale pretty late in the day last month. A lot of the items were crafting items and that was right up my alley. In one room, there were several crochet/knitting patterns and magazines. On one shelf, however, there was a huge stack of Elizabeth Hiddleson crochet pattern booklets. 43 to be exact. All the booklets were a quarter a piece. I bought them all for $10.00 and listed them as a lot. They sold for $218.00 on a 10 day auction. Buyer paid right away.

That was a nice surprise to wake up to the next day.

4. Deeda In Seattle says:

I LOVE hearing about these amazing flips! Thanks for sharing, everyone!

I had a good week, regular sales of my favorite plushes and name-brand bags/purses, but nothing amazing… I just wanted to comment on some little stuff that I picked up that I knew would sell, and did–just not for a big amounts: 2012 McDonald’s My Little Pony Rainbow Dash still in packaging, $8 (cost .10cents?/GW Outlet), Playmobil 5.5cm Small Brown Pony Horse Long Ivory Mane & Tail $5 ($.20?)—better yet, went to Ontario–they pay shipping! You just never know…I knew the My Little Ponies have a cult following–my 18 yo daughter had to have ALL of them, and I knew the Playmobil pony was older–I didn’t recognize it from my kids’ collection! (they won’t let me sell them–heck, I’m saving them for my grandkids at this point!)

5. Kim says:

My best flip ever was a set of embroidered placemats and napkins that I bought on half-price day at an estate sale. I thought they were exceptionally beautiful, but I still had to think for a few minutes about the $20.00 price before I bought them. I listed them a few days later with a starting price of $60.00, and within one hour had 15 watchers, and the emails started coming with all kinds of stories about how, for instance, they needed this set to complete one they had inherited from grandma, and would I sell them for $100.00 BIN etc. That’s when I knew something was afoot. So, I did some research, and it turns out they were Marghab Madeira embroidery, and one of two of the most desirable patterns, the “Vineyard” pattern in “Champaigne.” I ended the listing and relisted with a reserve. They sold for $1,981.00.

6. Maria brown says:

I am new to ebay but recent bought a diecast “caterpillar”tractor for 50cents at a garage sale. Just thought it looked weell made….no nothing about die cast. Listed and it sold for $28. Would be happy with that often. Also bought a container full of littlest pet shop for 2.99 at GW…..still selling, singled out the rare ones…up to $75 and counting. So gladfor blogs like this that post scores and ideas!