Flippin’ Friday- #122

flippinfridayWelcome back to Flippin’ Friday!

I apologize for lack of posts these past few weeks….lots of things dividing my attention…BUT…let’s make it up to you! How about some free publicity for your store or website?

Every person who submits a “flip” story  on this post, will have their store or website featured in a post on Monday.  If your name is “unclickable” on your comment avatar..then include your link in your comment. All stories must be received by midnight on Sunday, March 10.

Two weeks ago, we had flip stories about a big lot of Littlest Pet Shop pets and buildings, a Caro-Nan basket purse, an early 2000′s Burberry London sport coat, an Orvis hunting vest, two wool Pendleton “board” shirts, a lot of 7 New Blank Maxell audio cassettes, a 1960s Needlework Kit – Jeweled Christmas Card Holder, and a Hiawatha Erica Wilson Crewel Kit Vintage 1970s in an owl Design.

Thank you for your stories! We love them all!!!

If you have a great flip you’d like to share, just write it in the comments section below! We love reading them! Just be sure to include your item, what you paid, and what it sold for in the end.

Looking for more great flips? Check out some more great Flippin’ Fridays here and all the great things to look for under “The List” at the top (which is still a work in progress).  And I always keep my list too at the top under “Flips”!

This entry was posted in Flippin' Friday Stories and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Flippin’ Friday- #122

1. Mike says:

Best flips in the past week were a Windstopper fleece vest and a fleece jacket from Mountain Hardwear. I paid a total of $19 and sold them for a combined $83 plus shipping.

My sales seem a little slow, but maybe that’s because I have so much winter stuff up right now. I’m trying to clean out my inventory of sport coats because they’re just taking up too much room right now… Hopefully I can clean out my closet soon!

2. laura says:

NOT a LOTis what I got–we are remodeling UGH so my attention is how much did that paint cost me? and WHY is the cat stepping in the mud AGAIN!!

I bought a guitar making book for .25¢ and it sold for 10 plus shipping on AZ

I accepted a best offer on a Robin Hood game I bought for my kids and realized they will never play this it cost .50¢ and it sold for 15 plus shipping

two so-so flips but I’m lucky to sell ANYTHING with no time to list

3. I recently found some cowboy themed 1950s Syracuse china pieces at a thrift store. There were 10 plates, 5 cups and saucers and 2 creamer/sugar sets. Since the plates were so heavy and would be very costly to ship, I decided to leave them and buy the rest. Looked them up online when I got home and hustled back to the store when it opened the next morning to get the plates. My all in cost for all the pieces was $40. Just finished selling them in 3 lots for a total of $480. Yippee-kay-yay! You can see them in my sold items at http://www.etsy.com/shop/eightmilevintage .

Love your blog!

4. scoobie says:

Hi! I’m new to posting on this site.
    Last week I was looking for silk ties for the dying eggs with silk ties that you posted. I found a handful at a tag sale and brought them up to price them. Turns out there was a Hermes tie in the pack. She sold it to me for $2. It’s still active but received a $40 bid so far. Nice flip! Got a stack of free Miniature Quilt magazines for free today from a tag sale and sold it tonight for $20. Nice easy fast flip. And thank you for the tip on the Remington rollers. I found a set at a thrift shop. Bought for $6 and sold for $50.
    My other really nice flip ..and something everyone should look out for b/c they do sell… is martha stewart’s Everyday Food Magazine. I heard about this from another website and found a whole box at a sale and bought them all for $5. I have since sold about 60 of them (different lots) for $80 so far. Still have 18 more to sell. They were all in perfect condition.
    another great flip I had last month and another BOLO is Little Golden Book: Good Little Bad Little Girl illustrated by Eloise Wilkin. Mine was in perfect condition. I bought it for 25cents on a whim and sold it for $30. Not many LGBs sell but this one does.

5. Mike says:

Nice!

Hermes ties are always worth flipping… Unless they’re massively stained and $20 or more; like the awesome unicorn one I found last week.

6. Marci says:

My most interesting flip of the week was a vintage Trapper Keeper folder. Paid .99 at GW and sold it for 44.99. But the best part was the person who bought it was using it as a prop in a commercial for the new movie “The Internship” with Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson. Not bad for a dollar item from Kansas!

7. Deana Wood says:

My best recent flip was a Bossons Pony Girl chalkware wall hanging. I bought it in a lot at an estate auction. They were selling things by the table full so I probably have no more than $3-4 in it. It sold on eBay last night for $153.40! There is a picture on my blog if you want to see. LOVE those surprise flips!