Flippin’ Friday-#126

flippinfridayWelcome back to Flippin’ Friday! By now, you probably are  beginning to hit those early garage sales of the year. I hope you are finding some GREAT things!

Last week, Mike (of  the Thrift Store Finds blog) had some amazing flips involving a pair of Edward Green Long Wing oxfords and a Kask Time Trial (bicycling) helmet.  Definitely worth a big congratulations!  Thanks Mike!

If you have a great flip you’d like to share, just write it in the comments section below! We love reading them! Just be sure to include your item, what you paid, and what it sold for in the end.

Looking for more great flips? Check out some more great Flippin’ Fridays here and all the great things to look for under “The List” at the top (which is still a work in progress).  And I always keep my list too at the top under “Flips”!

This entry was posted in Flippin' Friday Stories and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Flippin’ Friday-#126

1. Susan says:

Sold on Amazon: Original HP 22 Tri-color Ink Cartridge in Retail Packaging ($2) $28 plus shipping, Epson Claria 99 Inkjet Cartridge Color Multipack ($2.50) $38 plus shipping.
    On Etsy: Sarah Coventry Statement Choker Necklace ($1) $12 plus shipping, Vintage Anne Klein Sewing Pattern (maybe 50 cents? came in a big box of patterns) $12 plus shipping, went to Australia. Simplicity Fantasy Costume Patterns Uncut and Factory Folded (50 cents) $6 plus shipping.
    I spent some time renewing expired listings, changing shipping prices, and adding a few items to my Etsy shop to get it back over 50 items listed – it worked like magic. And the ink cartridges flew out of my Amazon shop – I don’t think they were listed more than 4 days.
    Back to work! Hope someone else posts some flips for me to enjoy when I stop for a break!

2. annabel52 says:

Sold a pair of vtg Gilda Marx black flextards that I listed 2 days ago. Apparently they are better than some of the newer brands because they hold up well for vigorous workouts and multiple washings. Checked ebay and the ones that sold the best seemed to be the wild colors. Mine were black but I figured that my personal taste was black so others may also like black just as well as the bold colors. Paid 25c and they sold for $25. My personal philosophy is not to just throw everything in a flat rate envelope. Anything under 13 ounces goes first class and I think the buyer appreciates saving $3

3. Mike says:

I suppose I can entertain you, Susan… = )

Nothing amazing this week, but here are a few: vintage early 70s Frostline Kit down vest (paid $3, sold for $35 +shipping); Giro Gauge Mountain Bike shoes (paid $15, sold for $99 +shipping in less than a day!); Patagonia Down Sweater (paid $61, sold for $107 +shipping); Uniqlo Down Jacket (paid $6, sold for $40 +shipping); Paradise Found aloha shirt (paid $6, sold for $31); Asics Wrestling shoes (paid $6, sold for $40 in seven minutes!!).

4. grace says:

nothing super big 🙁 its been all little stuff mostly

nintendo 64 pd $3.00 sold 27.99+ shipping
    bumbo pd $3.00 sold 19.99+ shipping
    mini american girl Julie doll .25 (!!!!) sold for 6.05 +shipping (i was dissapointed for that price i wish i saved for my own daughter lol)
    girl scout groovy doll pd .50 sold 11.50 +shipping (within 24 hrs)

yard sales this year seem REALLY promising. but like always too much stuff not enough time to list and so the clutter pile begins 😀

5. Marci says:

Had a few good sales and a lot of ho hum ones. Sold a leather bottom Eastpak backpack. Pd 4.99/sold 89.99. Sold a pair of Tony Lama lizard skin cowboy boots. Pd 9.99 (GW) sold 70.00. Sold another Trapper Keeper (beach scene) for 30.00 (paid around .79) The rest were boring sales… suspenders, mugs, men’s shirts etc. I am looking forward to yard sales, but it also makes me a little nervous. I tend to pile up stuff quickly once yard sales start going strong. Hope I can sell as fast as I can shop, my ebay room is already full.

6. Mike says:

Speaking of shipping options… I usually charge a flat rate but don’t specify the container it will be packed in unless I know for a fact that the flat-rate options will be cheapest. The time it takes me to go to the post office is worth something too.

I had a discussion on Ebay yesterday with a guy from Brazil who wanted to buy one of my bike jerseys. The reason I don’t ship internationally is the hassle of filling out paperwork. People seem to always balk at the $10 handling fee on top of the shipping charge. But I’m not going to do that part for free!!

• Susan says:

Don’t you purchase shipping through the eBay website? They automatically fill in the customs form for you. I ordered free customs form pockets from USPS so that I have them on hand when I make an international sale. My only gripe is that my neighborhood post office requires me to walk in and drop international packages on the counter.
      I did have quite an experience with a buyer located in Italy who wanted to purchase a heavy book I had listed on Amazon. Amazon’s shipping reimbursement was nowhere near what it would cost me to safely ship that book (apparently Italy’s postal service is rather unreliable.) I canceled the sale – didn’t need that kind of stress.

• grace says:

i always charged a fee for international too…but then i always got a 1 star detailed seller rating on ebay which knocked me down below standard. i went to just canada same thing. i dont do international anymore not worth the headache and honestly i have heard ppl say it makes up so much of their sales but it was less than 1% to begin with